Crochet is one of the most useful knotting techniques known. No doubt other forms of knotting etc. are also very useful and cozy but crochet stands out of the pack and I will tell you why. In order to understand a better concept you must know what makes crochet and a little of its history!
The word “Crochet” is the French word for hook. Crochet is the process of using a crochet hook to pull loops through other loops similar to knitting. The difference is crochet deals with wrapping the yarn around the hook in a pre-determined set of times. Truly the only difference between crocheting and knitting is within crochet you are using only one line. We interpret this as precision. (The saying “one at a time” comes to mind.) There also many different forms of crochet techniques out there, such as Irish crochet, Filet crochet, Hair Pen Lace and the unusual Tunisian (Afghan) crochet which applies the concept of more than one yarn thread at a time. As far as the history of crochet, it is actually quite a large mystery and is rumored to be derived from Arabia, Chile or even China. What we do know is that crochet became immensely popular within the 19th century particularly in western and middle European societies. It has bolstered within the affections of many people since.
Now, let’s get to the benefits! Looking at crochet as a whole, the benefits would be the following!
• It does not come apart like store brands and items do. Does it seem like we all come across those loose strings in our clothes and items more so than in the past? Well crochet is a more sturdy and formidable opponent against unraveling your favorite sweater by accident. It does not become unraveled! No matter how hard you may have a tug the other loops barely budge. They hold each other in place. The support system is fabulous!
• You can provide a quicker and faster service for a quality item with just as much value! Crochet enables many custom orders to make it to your co-workers birthday in record time!
• Crochet enables a wide variety of patterns that is rivaled only by knitting! In crochet you have all different types of design avenues and you can apply it to just about anything! (We would think it would be rather expert, no doubt extremely creative to hand make a basket out of knitting!)
• Crochet does last longer. Crochet does have a knack when used with the right materials, to last a considerably longer time than most of the big box stores selections.
• You can make it out of just about anything! If it strings we can crochet it! Crochet is wonderful for applying different textures and material to an already finished product.
(This means many more options for you!)
• Crochet is trendy. Crochet is still a rather new concept to people yet is a very fashionable style! With crochet, you can apply it to beanies, scarves, bags, potholders, masks, slippers and more!
Well now, there you have it. This was a brief overview of the benefits as well as the short history and description of the wonderful art and trade of crochet! These are some of the many traits we are going to introduce to everyone! Make sure you check out our online store and service center for a fantastic experience with American crafted handmade crochet products! One of a kind.